The “debate” is an international competitive forum in which a certain proposal or topic is raised, and the participants are divided into two camps, “for” and “against”, and they discuss the topic. To make it harder on the speakers and to train them to adhere to a timeframe, each of them gets a time limit in advance for their speech.
The debate method provides a person with tools to persuade his listeners, and it develops pragmatic thinking, as a result of the need to support any position that is presented, or to object to it. The improvement graph of new speakers in the “debate world” is very high, and the improvement usually happens over a relatively short period of time. Sometimes it only takes several practice sessions.
As part of the “Dr. Persuasion” activities, the principles of the debate method are used and applied in reality and examined in light of the practical consequences they have in regards to the participants’ professional and personal lives.
Using the principles of the successful international debate method enables each and every one of our clients to develop and improve their abilities, among other things, in the following aspects:
* Getting maximum message across in minimum time.
* Building a speech and presenting a topic in a clear an organized way.
* Persuading an audience or people who hold the opposite position.
* Dealing with “stage fright” or “fear of public speaking”.
* Speaking in front of an audience and with a customer.
* Appearing on various media.